Friday, November 29, 2013

Throwback to Nantes

Exactly two years ago I wasn’t that far, at least geographically, from where I am now: I was visiting Paris with my family. It was during my semester in Nantes, and my family had come to France for a week over Thanksgiving. We took a long weekend in Paris (including a Thanksgiving dinner at Le Saint-Martin), and spent the rest of the weekend visiting monuments, museums, and eating as much French food as we could.

It’s funny what’s changed, and what hasn’t, during my second round of living in France. I still spend time with friends, but rather than Americans I have a group of international friends in Saint-Quentin. I still see teachers all the time, except rather than taking their classes, I’m working with them to help teach. I’m not a student any more, though I am quite possibly learning more in Saint-Quentin than I did in Nantes.

Regardless of the similarities and differences, I am grateful for my time in Nantes, as I’m grateful for the opportunity to live in France again. Since I would never have been a teaching assistant were it not for my semester in Nantes, here are some of my favorite photos from two years ago as a sort of tribute to my remarkable first time living in France.

~ With the fam in Nantes~

~ Parents at the Louvre ~

~ Jardin des Plantes in Nantes ~

~ IES trip to Mont-Saint-Michel ~

~ Bri, Scott, Lisa, and Annie in Saint-Malo ~

~ With Annie and Rachelle in Rome ~

~ The beautiful gardens of Chateau Villandry ~

And my favorite picture from the whole semester:

~ Our celebratory night out right before going home ~

No comments:

Post a Comment