Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Rome Take 2

My second trip during vacation was to Rome, where I met Haidee and Sarah for three days. We packed a lot into a short amount of time, hitting major monuments (Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps) and also spending a day at the Vatican museums and Saint Peter's Basilica. My favorite part of the trip was a guided tour of the Colosseum and Palatine Hill. Palatine Hill was especially beautiful, covered in trees and green spaces and overlooking the ancient Forum. This was my second trip to Rome (the first was during my semester in Nantes), and I was happy to find that there were plenty of new things to do (and plenty of gelato to eat)!

~ Exploring back streets ~

~ Inside the Pantheon ~

~ Trevi Fountain at night ~

~ Colosseum ~

~ Panorama inside the Colosseum ~

~ Palatine Hill ~

~ Orange trees on Palatine Hill ~

~ Roman Forum ruins ~


~ Nero's bathtub ~

~ In the Vatican museum map room ~

~ Vatican museum ~

No comments:

Post a Comment