Friday, December 13, 2013

Hunger Games: L'embrasement

I’m a big fan of The Hunger Games series, as are many of the assistants, so we were determined to see the new movie when it came out. In Saint-Quentin there are very few foreign films offered in their original version. We resigned ourselves to watching the film with French dubbing, and resolved that if we understood nothing, we could always go to Paris where we’d be likely to find a theater showing original English movies.

To my extreme surprise, the trip to Paris doesn’t seem necessary. I understood almost all of the dialogue (it helped that I’ve read the books, too), and while I’m certain to see the original version when I get home, I managed to thoroughly enjoy seeing the movie here.


~ The French movie poster ~

(image credit: http://www.tribute.ca/movies/posters/hunger-games-lembrasement/37415/)

No comments:

Post a Comment